Quit Smoking by Hypnosis- 11 Tips to Make the Most of Your Treatment
By Susanna Sweeney, MSC, MBACP, CHT
In this article learn how, when you quit smoking by hypnosis, you can support your hypnosis treatment to get the very best from it and change your life successfully to drop that 'dirty habit'.
King James I on why you should quit smoking.
First Things First- Isn't Hypnosis for Smoking Just a Gimmick?
- You might wonder about your chances of success when you quit smoking with hypnosis. i have written a comprehensive article on the science behind stop smoking hypnosis that I hope will help you find an answer to this question.
- You've read different things in the media about hypnosis for smoking. Mostly what you have read is discouraging. In my article on "5 Common Lies Spread by the Media on Hypnosis for Smoking Cessation" find out how to make sense of what you have read.
- You've heard anecdotes in your circle of friends about hypnotherapy to quit smoking, some are positive, some are the opposite. In my article on the truth behind quit smoking hypnotism, find out how to make sense of these diverging opinions.
As a hypnotist, my line about hypnosis, whether used for smoking, weight loss, phobias and fears or any other issue is always the same:
"Hypnosis is both the most powerful and the most gentle form of one-to-one therapy I have come across in my many years of working as a psychotherapist. And yet, just like any other form of therapy, hypnosis is not magic."
So, when you want to quit smoking by hypnosis, you must understand that:
is scientific evidence that supports the efficacy of stop smoking
hypnosis. Hypnosis compares favorably to many other quit smoking
techniques out there such as acupuncture, cognitive behavioral
interventions, nicotine replacement therapy and so on.
that does not mean that a quit smoking hypnotist can perform magic and
‘make you stop’ smoking without your active participation in the
- While hypnotherapy to quit smoking is likely the easiest way to quit
smoking that has you relaxing and lying back, you also have a part to
play to make things work for you when you quit smoking by hypnosis.
Hypnosis is not unique in this regard.
In fact, for any treatment to work, the therapist needs the clients’ co-operation.
This principle holds true whether you are having surgery, are going for
acupuncture or homeopathy, or attending a weight loss program. Your
co-operation will be required. Think about it.
First, you have to be ready to accept the treatment. You have to consent to the treatment and willingly go along with what the treatment involves.
Secondly, there will usually be things you are required to do, or things you will be required to abstain from, for the treatment to work, or to work better.
- Your surgeon may give you a rehabilitation plan which involves exercises.
- Your homeopath will ask you to abstain from coffee or peppermint for the remedy to work.
- Your weight loss plan will only work if you take action.
Hypnosis, in this regard, is no different to the norm. Hypnotists, too, need the client’s co-operation.
If, for example, the client is not open to hypnotherapy trance, they simply won’t, and there is nothing the hypnotist can do to MAKE them go into trance.
Quit smoking by hypnosis- 11 tips to make the most of your treatment
So, what should you be doing to get the best out of you treatment when you quit smoking by hypnosis?
I have put together a list of eleven tips for you so you can maximize the benefits of the treatment:
- Be 100% sure that you want to quit smoking and that you are ready. If it’s your partner who wants you to stop and you are not ready, hypnosis (or any other smoking cessation technique) won’t work for you.
- Do your research on the best quit smoking hypnotist for you so you get the best service possible. Follow my advice here.
- Break down the most common misconceptions so you can quit smoking through hypnosis being clear about what the treatment is and what it is not. For example, be clear that hypnosis is not magic.
- Understand that typical results, especially from a one session treatment, may be less dramatic than this story. Typical results from one session can include changes such as: experiencing less desire to smoke, starting to dislike cigarettes, starting to feel disgust towards tobacco.
- Ask for what you need and want in your program of hypnosis for smoking, for example for tailor-made suggestions for your own particular concerns.
- Know what to expect when you quit smoking with hypnosis, but do approach the treatment with an open mind.
- Embrace the suggestions given to you during quit smoking hypnosis.
- Be prepared to maintain the messages you received during hypnosis at home, for example by asking the hypnotist for a recording of the session that you can play for yourself.
- If you don’t feel comfortable seeing a hypnotist to quit smoking, consider self hypnosis to stop smoking which actually has some benefits over attending a hypnotist. Find your questions about self hypnosis for smoking answered here.
- Be very committed to self care when you go through the quitting process after quit smoking hypnotism. Have a plan in place for quit smoking cravings. Have a plan in place if you want to quit smoking without gaining weight.
- Understand and always remember that even when you quit smoking by hypnosis, you can only stay quit if you don’t touch another cigarette, and that holds true for the rest of your life.
Quit smoking by hypnosis today!
Understand what happens when you quit smoking by hypnosis.
More About Stop Smoking Hypnosis
Is Hypnosis the Right Quit Method for You?
Hypnotherapy to Quit Smoking- 12 Ways to Know if it is Right for You
out how you could benefit from hypnotherapy to quit smoking. Twelve
qualities of stop smoking hypnosis that make hypnosis probably the best method to quit smoking.
How You can get the Very Best out of Your Treatment When You Quit Smoking With Hypnosis
Quit Smoking Hypnotist- 9 Things you Should Consider Before You Book
this if you want to be in a position to make informed choices about
which quit smoking hypnotist to chose. Some of these tips are likely to
Hypnosis for Smoking Programs- 10 Things You Should Know
exactly is a program of hypnosis for smoking? Most people don't know.
Find out what to look out for in a program and what to expect from your
Quit Smoking by Hypnosis- 11 Tips to get the Best Out of Your Treatment
up some common misconceptions and misunderstandings some people have
around stop smoking hypnosis so that you won’t make the same mistakes
and can be empowered to get the very best out of your treatment.
How You Can Benefit From Quit Smoking Hypnosis Without Ever Visiting a Hypnotist
Self Hypnosis to Stop Smoking - 13 Benefits You can Expect
Why use self-hypnosis over attending a quit smoking hypnotist? Find out the benefits of self hypnosis.
Self Hypnosis for Smoking- Your Questions Answered
What exactly is self hypnosis for smoking and what is involved? Your questions answered.
Want to Quit Smoking, but Concerns About Weight Gain are Holding You Back?
Quit Smoking Without Gaining Weight- Yes You Can
article explains the connection between smoking cessation and weight
gain, and guides you how to overcome the challenge of with ease.
I hope this article has helped you to see ways in which you can get the best from your treatment when you are ready to change your life and quit smoking by hypnosis.
In the comments underneath let our community know what you think about stop smoking hypnosis. At this stage, would you give it a go?
Here is to your health and well being.
Quit Smoking by Hypnosis
May 24, 22 11:32 AM
Keeping a journal for anxiety relief is one of the best things you can do to support yourself if you experience symptoms. But how to optimize what you are doing for the best outcomes? Find out in this…
Apr 26, 22 09:25 AM
Client Testimonials of my Online Hypnosis Programme
Mar 28, 22 12:36 PM
Havening Technique Training auf Deutsch- Details und Buchung