Quit Smoking by Hypnosis- 11 Tips to Make the Most of Your Treatment
By Susanna Sweeney, MSc, MBACP, CHT
In this article learn how, when you quit smoking by hypnosis, you can support your hypnosis treatment to get the very best from it and change your life successfully to drop that 'dirty habit'.
Quit smoking by hypnosis- 11 tips to make the most of your treatment
First Things First- Isn't Hypnosis for Smoking Just a Gimmick?
- You might wonder about your chances of success when you quit smoking with hypnosis. i have written a comprehensive article on the science behind stop smoking hypnosis that I hope will help you find an answer to this question.
- You've read different things in the media about hypnosis for smoking. Mostly what you have read is discouraging. In my article on "5 Common Lies Spread by the Media on Hypnosis for Smoking Cessation" find out how to make sense of what you have read.
- You've heard anecdotes in your circle of friends about hypnotherapy to quit smoking, some are positive, some are the opposite. In my article on the truth behind quit smoking hypnotism, find out how to make sense of these diverging opinions.
As a hypnotist, my line about hypnosis, whether used for smoking, weight loss, phobias and fears or any other issue is always the same:
"Hypnosis is both the most powerful and the most gentle form of one-to-one therapy I have come across in my many years of working as a psychotherapist. And yet, just like any other form of therapy, hypnosis is not magic."
So, when you want to quit smoking by hypnosis, you must understand that:
Understand what happens when you quit smoking by hypnosis.
is scientific evidence that supports the efficacy of stop smoking
hypnosis. Hypnosis compares favorably to many other quit smoking
techniques out there such as acupuncture, cognitive behavioral
interventions, nicotine replacement therapy and so on.
that does not mean that a quit smoking hypnotist can perform magic and
‘make you stop’ smoking without your active participation in the
- While hypnotherapy to quit smoking is likely the easiest way to quit
smoking that has you relaxing and lying back, you also have a part to
play to make things work for you when you quit smoking by hypnosis.
Hypnosis is not unique in this regard.
In fact, for any treatment to work, the therapist needs the clients’ co-operation.
This principle holds true whether you are having surgery, are going for
acupuncture or homeopathy, or attending a weight loss program. Your
co-operation will be required. Think about it.
First, you have to be ready to accept the treatment. You have to consent to the treatment and willingly go along with what the treatment involves.
King James I on why you should quit smoking.
Secondly, there will usually be things you are required to do, or things you will be required to abstain from, for the treatment to work, or to work better.
- Your surgeon may give you a rehabilitation plan which involves exercises.
- Your homeopath will ask you to abstain from coffee or peppermint for the remedy to work.
- Your weight loss plan will only work if you take action.
Hypnosis, in this regard, is no different to the norm. Hypnotists, too, need the client’s co-operation.
If, for example, the client is not open to hypnotherapy trance, they simply won’t, and there is nothing the hypnotist can do to MAKE them go into trance.
So, what should you be doing to get the best out of you treatment when you quit smoking by hypnosis?
I have put together a list of eleven tips for you so you can maximize the benefits of the treatment:
Quit smoking by hypnosis today!
- Be 100% sure that you want to quit smoking and that you are ready. If it’s your partner who wants you to stop and you are not ready, hypnosis (or any other smoking cessation technique) won’t work for you.
- Do your research on the best quit smoking hypnotist for you so you get the best service possible. Follow my advice here.
- Break down the most common misconceptions so you can quit smoking through hypnosis being clear about what the treatment is and what it is not. For example, be clear that hypnosis is not magic.
- Understand that typical results, especially from a one session treatment, may be less dramatic than this story. Typical results from one session can include changes such as: experiencing less desire to smoke, starting to dislike cigarettes, starting to feel disgust towards tobacco.
- Ask for what you need and want in your program of hypnosis for smoking, for example for tailor-made suggestions for your own particular concerns.
- Know what to expect when you quit smoking with hypnosis, but do approach the treatment with an open mind.
- Embrace the suggestions given to you during quit smoking hypnosis.
- Be prepared to maintain the messages you received during hypnosis at home, for example by asking the hypnotist for a recording of the session that you can play for yourself.
- If you don’t feel comfortable seeing a hypnotist to quit smoking, consider self hypnosis to stop smoking which actually has some benefits over attending a hypnotist. Find your questions about self hypnosis for smoking answered here.
- Be very committed to self care when you go through the quitting process after quit smoking hypnotism. Have a plan in place for quit smoking cravings. Have a plan in place if you want to quit smoking without gaining weight.
- Understand and always remember that even when you quit smoking by hypnosis, you can only stay quit if you don’t touch another cigarette, and that holds true for the rest of your life.
More About Stop Smoking Hypnosis
What is Stop Smoking Hypnosis?
How can You get the Best From Your Treatment of Hypnosis for Smoking?
Concerns About Weight Gain and Smoking Cessation?
Can't See Yourself Attending a Hypnotist? Check out Self Hypnosis for Smoking
About Weight Loss Hypnosis
New to Hypnosis?
These articles are designed to help:
I hope this article has helped you to see ways in which you can get the best from your treatment when you are ready to change your life and quit smoking by hypnosis.
In the comments underneath let our community know what you think about stop smoking hypnosis. At this stage, would you give it a go?
Here is to your health and well being.
Quit Smoking by Hypnosis
Nov 06, 19 03:23 PM
Nobody explains hypnosis and trauma better than master hypnotist Karl Smith of the UK Hypnosis Academy. Watch my interview with Karl who shares his story and explains the fundamentals underpinning his…
Nov 03, 19 02:42 PM
How to use the powerful self help and personal development tool of Self Havening correctly so that you will get maximum benefit from it in your life
Oct 24, 19 10:18 AM
In this article find out what hypnotherapy for stress did for my client Jeffrey. You will get a good impression of how hypnosis for stress reduction works and what it could do for you.
Welcome to my Online Hypnotherapy Clinic. I am Susanna Sweeney, accredited psychotherapist and hypnotherapist. I have been helping people to overcome their blocks and move forward for 25+ years. Along the way, I have fallen in love with hypnotherapy.
Join our Hypnotherapy Community
When I am ready you will be able to sign up for my newsletter in this space. My newsletter will help you to learn more about how you can use hypnotherapy to make positive changes in your life. As a valued subscriber, you will receive my free "Rock Solid Self Esteem" affirmations audio track and printable to help you create the life you love.
Please note that any content or advice provided here is not intended as a substitute for medical advice. Always consult your doctor before starting any health regimen. Outcomes of hypnotherapy vary between individuals and cannot be guaranteed.
Copyright© Brainwave 2017- All Rights Reserved